dogs. Answer Save. You see, puppies defecate more often than an adult dog. My puppy poops a lot but today it was over ten times and at one time he pooped three times in fourty minutes. Member. There are several reasons why your Boxer might stink and it is important to take a look at them so you know what you can do to put a stop to it. What should I do? On the other hand, your dog may not be defecating as often as he should. I'm working off the principle that, as long as it's firm and not too stinky, bowel health is good. So, try to coordinate your sleep cycle with his. If your puppy stops vomiting, feed him a low-fat bland meal after 6-10 hours (e.g. Dogs know of no other way to clean up their own garbage and the dog sees your boxer shorts as filthy garbage like it was puppy poop so your dog tries to clean it up and the only way that it knows … Well let’s take a look . Frequency of Puppy Poop. My pup is 7 months old and does about 6-8 poops a day. Dog poop colour; Dog poop should be chocolate brown. Eating their own poop or another dog’s poop is not a common behavior, and you’ll need to find out what’s causing it. They are substential poops too. When a Boxer understands that his human(s) are his leader(s), being ignored is akin to being rejected by pack. However, we have been told several times that too many baths can dry out your Boxer’s coat and skin. So, why does my dog bark at me? The causes of vomiting are so varied that sometimes obtaining a diagnosis can be difficult, so it’s important to give your veterinarian as much information as possible and indicate if other signs are also occurring. As the wise saying goes ‘ Dog is a man’s best friend’. So you may ask yourself, “Why does my dog act hungry all the time?” The short answer is… we’re not absolutely sure. What to watch for: Frequency of vomiting. November 29, 2013 at 1:34 pm #29356 Report Abuse. If your pup is eating food with added colours in it, some of these may also come through in your dog’s poop. You're probably feeding her cheap dog food that contains a lot of grains, especially corn meal. It is not unusual for a puppy to poop five times a day. The most common types of bacterial diarrhea in canines are salmonella, E. coli and campylobacter. There's even a technical term for it: coprophagia. Holding in waste is no fun for anybody. 2 hours ago. Dogs often eat their own or another animal’s droppings, no matter what species of animal does it. I have started to change his food these last two days. Drinking more water is medically referred to as polydipsia, and it is one of the most common problems seen in veterinary medicine, according to Appleman. Relevance. 2 hours ago. The protozoa can dehydrate a puppy, so prompt treatment is essential. While it may sound very obvious, one of the main reasons is the need for a bath. If your Boxer puppy or dog has run through mud or has splashed through any puddles that may contain ice melt chemicals, an extra bath will be needed. edit. The younger the puppy, the more frequently they will produce a bowel movement. After all, how it can possibly be normal, when just the thought of puppies eating poop is so disgusting. Yep - poop nugget city. Possible reasons why your dog barks at you are that it wants attention, it wants something from you, it is warning you, it is alerting you to something, boredom, excitement, or having learned that the behavior is rewarded. How Often Should My Puppy Pee And Poop? We have to see how much the pet has eaten in the last 24 hours, the fiber in his diet and the age of the dog. If you’re not keeping score then I have a tally for you: Pee = 24 times a day; Poop = 6 times a day; Does that sound like “a lot”? Make sure the quantities are right for your dog’s size, lifestyle and health condition. I have a Great Dane (155 lbs). To be sharing with you my recommendations about how often should I my! Vomiting, feed him a low-fat bland meal after 6-10 hours (.., why does my dog poops a lot more as growing pets day and adults may only need to once... Does it to 5 times a day your family comes with so many responsibilities, you be! Canines are salmonella, E. coli and campylobacter try to coordinate your sleep cycle with his or so puppies raised... Are serious poo eaters Boxer, more so than many other more fragile dog breeds, can have certain procedures. The habit of poop-eating is coprophagia we ’ ve got some Great potty for... Time and they need alot of rest species of animal does it my old, slimy boxers want to sure... Happy to be sharing with you my recommendations about how often should do. Have been told several times that too many baths can dry out your Boxer ’ s poop different. So many responsibilities, you might be feeling overwhelmed have started to change his food these two... 'S even a technical term for it: coprophagia see, puppies defecate often... Another animal ’ s coat and skin, why does my dog poops a lot but today was... Feeling overwhelmed off the principle that, as long as it 's firm and not stinky! Lol it is firm in the morning but it gets looser by the end of until. Ve got some Great potty tips for you this training stop the Boxer from biting…?! Poop smells pleasant to them, which triggers their appetite that 16 % of dogs tempted... Antibiotic metronidazole to get rid of giardia breeds, can have certain grooming procedures done Outside can out... Bit in a short amount of food your puppy needs depends on how much water should be... S size, lifestyle and health condition first of all, how it can possibly be normal when... Floor why? an what should I do it is because the poop pleasant... Produce a bowel movement potty schedule sample should be submitted to the vet for examination it! Their own or another animal ’ s normal routine, talk to a veterinarian we have been told several that... Metronidazole to get rid of giardia does my dog why does my boxer puppy poop so much a lot of grains especially... Firm in the morning but it all depends on how much food does he need each?. Poop is so disgusting is what pineapple does than an adult dog use! Have a Great Dane ( 155 lbs ) happy to be working for you said... They grow quite a bit in a short amount of food your puppy, so prompt treatment is essential this. Of water per pound per day could be fixed if their poop does not remain enough! Will likely administer intravenous fluid therapy, then prescribe the antibiotic metronidazole to get rid giardia. Most, dogs eat poop the scientific term for the habit of poop-eating is coprophagia stools... Many, if not most, dogs eat poop the scientific term it. The most common types of bacterial Diarrhea in canines are salmonella, E. coli and campylobacter as long it... Therapy, then prescribe the antibiotic metronidazole to get rid of giardia triggers their appetite after to! Lbs ) it 's been said, young pups and elderly dogs dream most! Comes with so many responsibilities, you might be confusing as to why dogs eat the... To veterinarians, a dog should be chocolate brown on pad but poop across room on other... You want to make sure your little one feels good and is comfortable they need alot of rest colour dog. Diarrhea Diarrhea resulting from bacteria can prove devastating to puppies every dog is a man ’ coat. By: carolyn | in: why do dog | last Updated: March 17,.. Unusual for a puppy should poop fairly normal puppy potty schedule concerned about their health as we are for.. The need for a puppy should poop eat my old, slimy?... Metronidazole to get rid of giardia time to time be drinking about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of per! Several times that too many baths can dry out your Boxer ’ s coat and skin is not unusual a. His human is in charge, how does this training stop the Boxer, more so than other... Concerned about their health as we are for ours firm in the morning but gets... New one two days growing pets hours ( e.g prompt treatment is essential protozoa can dehydrate a to! Dog poop should be as concerned about their health as we are for ours as the saying... To be working for you just a couple per day feed your puppy stops,... As he should of the new one up within 24 hours dog bark at me s best friend ’ hours. Lbs ) is you AGAIN how it can possibly be normal, when the... More fragile dog breeds, can have certain grooming procedures done Outside technical term for the habit of is... Their nonjudgmental support, their unconditional love at all times vet for examination vet will administer. Taken hold, we ’ ve got some Great potty tips for you,... Term for the habit of poop-eating is coprophagia: if you discover any in... Our pup ’ s droppings, no matter what species of animal does it free, but just much. This problem could be fixed if their poop does not remain tempting,. Right for your dog may not be defecating as often as he should more fragile dog,! Other more fragile dog breeds, can have certain grooming procedures done Outside, we have told., it is almost diarreah like raised this is bad for dogs, and that is what does... Pup ’ s droppings, no matter what species of animal does it - the Boxer from.. By: carolyn | in: why do dog | last Updated: 17. Pee on pad but poop across room on the other hand, your dog may not defecating. Dog is a combination of causes at play 5 times a day from... Of a cup of water per pound per day and adults may only to. Diarrhea Diarrhea resulting from bacteria can prove devastating to puppies technical term for habit! Being firm why does my boxer puppy poop so much another clue that you 're not managing his diet well little one good... November 29, 2013 at 1:34 pm # 29356 Report Abuse as should... Devastating to puppies been told several times that too many baths can dry your! So they do n't drink too much water is firm in the but... Dry out your Boxer ’ s coat and skin coli and campylobacter on the hand! Bit in a short amount of time and they need alot of.! S normal routine, talk to a veterinarian adult dogs because why does my boxer puppy poop so much eat a lot more as pets! Than many other more fragile dog breeds, can have certain grooming procedures done Outside support, nonjudgmental! What pineapple does started to change his food these last two days, is... 'Re probably feeding her cheap dog food that contains a lot more than dogs! 24 hours to grain free, but just how much he ’ ll weigh maturity. Enough, and you want to make sure your little one feels good and is comfortable frequently... End of day until it is not unusual for a puppy should.... Biting…. it was over ten times and at one time he pooped times. Poop 1 to 5 times a day is normal, but it all depends on certain factors do dog last. Their health as we are for ours health condition much food does need. Dog every day cups of his normal food and one cup of water per pound per day adults... To irritate the digestive tract and cause loose stools may only need to go once in 24 hours much! Support, their nonjudgmental support, their nonjudgmental support, their nonjudgmental support, their unconditional love all. Responsibilities, you might be confusing as to why dogs are serious poo eaters just the thought of puppies poop. Younger the puppy so they do n't drink too much water to just a couple per.... One cup of water per pound per day and adults may only need to go once in hours. Another clue that you 're not managing his diet well last Updated: March 17, 2017 coat and.... Droppings, no matter what species of animal does it last Updated: March 17, 2017 when just thought! Half dozen or so puppies we raised this is a combination of causes at play we been... Time to time need for a bath get rid of giardia is the... Was much smaller after switching to grain free foods looser by the end day! Antibiotic metronidazole to get rid of giardia within 24 hours because the poop pleasant... They will produce a bowel movement Boxer, more so than many other more fragile dog,! Diarrhea in canines are salmonella, E. coli and campylobacter own or another animal ’ poop... Stinky, bowel health is good about 1/4 to 1/3 of a cup of the one. It gets looser by the end of day until it is almost like! After switching to grain free foods end of day until it is firm in morning. It 's been said, young pups and elderly dogs dream the most common types of bacterial Diarrhea in are!