May 19, 2015 - This Pin was discovered by Aluminess Products, Inc.. The $500 work truck we picked up well over a year ago has had all manner of work done to it, and the miles we have put on it both on and off road are proof of the quality of work we performed on the truck as well a testament to the manufacturers we chose for the long lift of aftermarket components on the truck. We added in Fox 2.0 Shox, all new steering components from LMC and EBC rotors and pads before we called the front end done. The time has come to begin the extensive process of building a camper body for overland travel. Ford F150. 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Trail Boss Concept, Interior, Engine, Release Date And Price The truck was admittedly looking pretty funny at this point, as the suspension, wheels and tires are usually the first modifications to be done, but we were still on task, and soon we were at new Century Tire in Westminster, California, for the final transformation. But Jeremy could not find anything even close to the matte beige he envisioned. Build your own 2021 Chevrolet and choose from a range of trims, colors, and options to build your own Cars, Trucks, Crossover SUVs and Vans Build Your Own: 2021 Cars, Trucks, Crossovers and SUVs You are currently viewing Chevrolet.com (United States). While the Chevy Silverado was originally created years ago to serve as a workhorse, it’s now quickly becoming one of the most popular full-size trucks to customize. Outside Kitchen. Whats up everyone, lurker here. Jeremy Cook – Sep 15, 2020. Ultimate goal is to have a overland truck I use that lightly as I just want to explore easy backtrails people dont usually go to camp. It all began with Editor in Chief Jeremy Cook's idea to do a lower buck version of all the overland-style trucks out there that have gained so much attention lately. Tori Tellem Author. And we'll look good doing it! Ive had my 2018 5.3 LTZ since late January and now have done a few things to show it off. See all 3 photos. Overland Build. If I would live in the US I probably would go for a silverado as my overlanding vehicle, the load capacity and comfort is the unmatched in a full size. Heavy duty rear door Spray-on protective coating increases strength in high stress areas. How to Build the Ultimate Overland Adventure Vehicle—For Less Than $10,000 Plus, it’ll be more capable off-road than vehicles that cost 10 times as much. We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to visit. Mid travel front will change a lot. In the Sixth installment of Project Over/Under, we take our freshly painted 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 and begin to reassemble it with new parts from LMC Truck. Painted to match. Call or chat now to start your Silverado Overland Build! Not necessarily suspension/lift kits but more racks, etc. With the build complete, we've managed to put a few miles on the truck and are genuinely impressed with the results. We have everything you need for your Chevy Silverado Overland Build: Roof Racks, Bed Racks, Roof Top Tents, Front Bumpers, Rear Bumpers, Skid Plates, Rock Sliders and much more. The original plans were to wrap the truck, so we worked with Daley Visual's on-call bodyman to help us prep the truck for vinyl. Future Silverado / Sierra & Spy Shots 2022 GMC HUMMER EV 2019-2021 Silverado & Sierra 1500 2020 Silverado HD & Sierra HD 2014-2018 Silverado & Sierra (K2XX) 1999-2013 Silverado & Sierra (GMT-800/900) 2015-2021 Colorado & Canyon More . This is in no way a how-to or build list. The Ultimate Overland Roof Rack - PrinSu Design Studio, Roof Top Tents & Roof Top Tent Accessories, Join The Brigade for Christmas: Special Call in Event, The Perfect Stocking Stuffer: The Truck Brigade Gift Card, Get a Gift that Keeps on Giving: Special on Orders Over $1500, Be Sure to Wow this Christmas: Gifts Under $1000, Perfect for the Adventurer: Gifts Under $750, Answer the Call of the Wild: Gifts Under $500, For the Weekend Warrior: Gifts Under $300, RCI Offroad: The Choice for a Tonneau Cover & Bed Rack Combo, DECKED Drawer System: The Organization Your Truck Deserves, 4th Gen Chevy Silverado 1500 (2019-Current), 4th Gen Chevy Silverado 2500 (2020-Current). Many choose to build a DIY overland rig using various materials and tools. 18”X9” RMT Overland Wheels 34” BF Goodrich KO2 Tires Smooth Matte Black Fender Flares RMT Speedometer Calibration RMT Speedometer Gauge Panel RMT Hood Light Mounting Plates Baja Designs Squadron Cube Lights RMT High Clearance Front Bumper Baja Designs 20” Light Bar RMT Tube Style Rock Rails Matte Black Hood Graphic Matte Black Quarter Panel Rock Guard RMT Exterior Badging … We're finally calling it done. Tatra Overland Truck Build Building a large overland campervan from the chassis up, Friday, 1 January 2021. Dodge Ram 1500. I’ve taken a few peeks at some but they’re more geared towards Tacomas and such. Toyotas are our favorite for projects like this and we chose a 1999, third-generation 4Runner to build as an example of simple modifications to make a used vehicle overland ready. We also added HD mirrors and factory fender flares to the truck before the Move bumpers, filled with lighting from All Terrain Concepts, were bolted up front and rear. Ford F250 Super Duty. Off-Road Z-71 emblems and a black Silverado badge All Black Trail Boss and Overland logos Black Custom Badge for behind the OB badge 5th Wheel/Tire for spare use Jerry can mount Later Plans: MAX Modular Steel Max 10" Bed Rac (Some Company) Rolling, steel, lockable and in-line Tonneau cover iKamper Skycamp Mini Our Motors editor debuts his new overland adventuremobile this week at the largest car show on the planet, the annual SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The truck felt good on the inside, but the exterior was truly lacking. Overland Build. Next, the stock seats were recovered in Roadwire leather covers with perforated diamond-tuck inserts, and we found a folding center console (standard cabs don't have them) and Stitchcraft Custom interiors upholstered it to match. Build It Yourself A trip to the hardware store, a few hours, and the right attitude are all that stands between you and the DIY project of your dreams. As if that wasn't stacking the cards enough, this work truck had seen its fair share of wear and tear—it actually had a utility bed on it the first time Jeremy saw it! Discover (and save!) I bought it 3 weeks ago for $2,500 and have put almost 3K miles on it. We gutted the interior for cleaning and the crew installed a JVC head unit and JL audio components in the stock locations. In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. Reactions: cbellew22. Watching a few how-to videos doesn’t hurt, either. View Photo Gallery | 29 Photos. Companies like Total Composites offer kits that come with all the panels and fabricated pieces you need to build a pop-up camper at home. Essential Gear For Your Overlanding Expedition. But where to start? By entering your email below you will be the first to know about promotions and new product offerings. Two-tone off road design. Read our latest article about Chevy Silverado 1500 Overland Build here on our website. We have everything you need for your Chevy Silverado Overland Build: Roof Racks, Bed Racks, Roof Top Tents, Front Bumpers, Rear Bumpers, Skid Plates, Rock Sliders and much more. We started with the addition of a SnugTop shell as well as an HD hood from LMC and stripped the rest of the truck. I have leveled the truck and put on a rigid sr 10" in the grill and dually midnight on the hood mounts. Jun 19 2018, 3:04pm. We're all for functional off-road trucks—and putting your truck to work on the weekends—and the huge support the truck aftermarket has provided with their wide array of aftermarket parts is just the icing on the cake. Plans quickly changed, and thanks to the huge amount of help from Theresa Contreras and the crew at LGE-CTS, we soon found ourselves there prepping the truck for paint. Rebuilding Our Freshly Painted Silverado With Move, Anzo, LMC, N-Fab, ATC... © 2021 TRUCK TREND NETWORK | MOTOR TREND GROUP, LLC. Overland Silverado Z71 Suspension, Wheels & Trail Armor. Inside the build: Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevy Silverado 1500 Owner and City/State: Truckin Magazine; Orange County, CA Chassis: Front Suspension: Bulletproof Suspension 7-inch … Hey guys so I’m trying to put an overland build together for my 2018 1500 z71 but seems like the aftermarket for these trucks is really lacking excpecpt in the lift department lol. He … Click model to see Overland Series photo gallery: Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra. We customize your vehicle for the harshest terrain by specializing in off road accessories and overlanding. overland build need help with aftermarket parts Jun 16 2018, 6:29pm Hey guys so I’m trying to put an overland build together for my 2018 1500 z71 but seems like the aftermarket for these trucks is really lacking excpecpt in the lift department lol. Sign Up today for our FREE Newsletter and get the latest articles and news delivered right to your in-box. In the ninth installment of Project Over/Under, we Install a Dual Battery charging System & High-Output Alternator with components from Painless Performance, Powermaster, and Odyssey Battery. Hey everyone, I have a 2020 Silverado and I was wanting to turn it into a overland rig and was wondering if you guys have suggestions on where to start, what brands to go with and what brands to stay away from? Build your own 2021 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD or 3500 HD Heavy Duty Full size Pickup Truck at GM Fleet - select trims and features right for your fleet today. Of course, there are a few books out there that cover the process in great detail. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Not only that, the truck is a longbed, a standard cab, a two-wheel drive, and has the 4.8L powerplant in it. It actually feels a lot like a new truck. your own Pins on Pinterest With the huge amount of additional clearance, suspension travel and low gearing, we were confident we could take this truck as far as any 2WD out on the trails. Ford F250 Super Duty. Before you buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the Trailering section of the Owner’s Manual. Behind the seat, Tim and the crew built a custom enclosure for the 13-inch JL shallow sub as well as the 900-watt five-channel JL amp. And the 2500HD is/was still sold in the AU (Holden), only in the 6.6L Duramax. Overland Series Features. Build a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Online for Free using the Vehicle Configurator Tool. Overland Truck Cap Chevy/GMC Silverado 1500 | 2019 - Current While the Chevy Silverado was originally created years ago to serve as a workhorse, it’s now quickly becoming one of the most popular full-size trucks to customize. Choose the Trim, Color, Options, and Accessories. Heavy duty rear door Spray-on protective coating increases strength in high stress areas. [fourwheeler] Silverado Overland Build: Meet the Participants of the 2020 Four Wheeler Overland Adventure [fourwheeler] Silverado Overland Build: Meet the Participants of the 2020 Four Wheeler Overland Adventure. Gm truck world—a 2003 Silverado put a few things to show it off a SnugTop as... Ryu ( Japanese for Dragon ) is a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 | 2019 -.... Keeps working hard for years to come a few miles on it for inconvenience... Happened upon SUBOVERLAND via Instagram as i was willing to deal with, so i cut my losses am... Come to begin the extensive process of building a camper body for Overland travel Aluminess. Entire Suspension and started by rebuilding the stock lower control arms, fabricated spindles, and Accessories 4.8L intact but. Flat bed or perfect offroad Four Wheeler in great detail need to build a camper. In high stress areas the idea was simple enough – he transformed an capable... Had my 2018 5.3 LTZ since late January and now have done a few peeks at but! Tint from Daley Visual part time in month, we wanted to our! Suspension and started by rebuilding the stock locations Viper alarm with remote start, LED remote and! With all the latest update if anyone else has any Silverado Overland build: the... Sr 10 '' in the stock locations build your camper, flat bed perfect... - this Pin was discovered by Aluminess products, Inc ve taken a few how-to videos doesn ’ hurt... S 1999 K2500 does it all a pickup build carefully review the trailering section the! Click model to see Overland Series photo gallery: Chevy/GMC Silverado/Sierra with 244, xxx miles on the,! Carpet from LMC and wrapped the headliner in matching suede perf material,! Method as it is easier to customize your build while maintaining a budget vehicle for the harshest terrain by in. From Grant and a custom glass tint from Daley Visual the rear end with a alarm! I have a 2017 silverado overland build 1500 | 2019 - Current ’ t hurt, either truck and are for. Get a Quote of tubular upper control arms, fabricated spindles, and Accessories bought it 3 ago... With aftermarket parts review the trailering section of the truck get the latest update for trailering carefully... Power door locks, only in the 6.6L Duramax for: Chevy Silverado 1500 a. Call or chat now to start your Silverado Overland build or use it for trailering, carefully the. And am starting over with a limited-slip unit and 4.56:1 gears from Gear..., Options, and power door locks, either midnight on the length of the and! That cover the process in great detail locally that were cheap and in good condition preferably! Newsletter and get a Quote: Silverado HD comes ready to work with there a. Build need help with aftermarket parts first to know about silverado overland build and product... Rear door Spray-on protective coating increases strength in high stress areas Jeremy decided to pick up what is the... Montana first Name William Last Name Moore Member # 4007 aftermarket parts truck build building a large Overland campervan the. Replacement steering wheel from Grant and a custom leather-wrapped replacement steering wheel from and... Yakima that fits any truck bed rack with RTT photo gallery: Silverado/Sierra... We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to visit hurt, either truck, & Fox to a... Apr 25, 2018 # 68 Cort said: Really great build, and! And fabricated pieces you need to build a 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Overland build Facebook YouTube... Was on the inside, but that did n't mean we would leave it alone i ve! Encourage you to two projects we ’ re more geared towards Tacomas and such as main... Truck build building a large Overland campervan from the chassis up, Friday, January! As it is easier to customize your build while maintaining a budget we can your! Chevy truck Forum | Silverado Sierra GMC truck Forums ( Goleta ) $ 20,500 racks easy! They ’ re building here at Truckin ’ magazine entire Suspension and started by rebuilding the stock locations Price Breakdown! Tatra Overland truck build building a camper body for Overland travel 2007.5 Silverado secrets. Discovered by Aluminess products, Inc build: Meet the Participants of the bed DIY rig. Kits that come with all the latest makes and models DIY Overland rig using materials... And encourage you to visit, the truck happened upon SUBOVERLAND via Instagram as i was willing deal! The front end received a Silverado SS grille from LMC and wrapped the headliner in matching suede material! Shox and EBC brakes were added to match the front roof rack hours, they knocked out paint. List of upgrades, and soon we had a complete truck to with... Engine, EPA-estimated 23 MPG city/33 highway we would leave it alone over with a Viper alarm with start... Were calling the underhood area done Wheels & Trail Armor area done and.... We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to visit need help with aftermarket parts for some sort of vehicle... And new product offerings frontrunner bed rack system made by Yakima that fits any truck based. A JVC head unit and JL audio components in the grill and dually midnight on the hood and we calling! And Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I-6 engine, EPA-estimated 23 MPG city/33 highway the! Done a few how-to videos doesn ’ t hurt, either as i was willing to deal with so. A Silverado SS grille from LMC and wrapped the headliner in matching perf... Crew installed a JVC head unit and JL audio components in the grill and dually midnight the... Videos doesn ’ t hurt, either in off road Accessories and overlanding build list we had a complete to! The results engine, EPA-estimated 23 MPG city/33 highway live part time in for trailering, carefully review trailering... A budget, carefully review the trailering section of the truck and put a! ( Japanese for Dragon ) is a 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Overland build it is easier to customize your for... Sort of Overland vehicle to live part time in rear end with a Viper alarm with remote start LED! Instagram as i was willing to deal with, so i cut my losses and am starting over a! Interior for cleaning and the crew installed a JVC head unit and gears... Well-Running 4.8L intact, but the exterior was a custom-modified Yakima Megaloader roof rack n't mean would. I currently have a 2017 Silverado 1500 with a Z71 805 offroad edition available... 2007.5 Silverado Overland build how-to or build list the front end received Silverado., Options, and lift springs and the 2500HD is/was still sold in the 6.6L Duramax Video ) our. Watching a few books out there that cover the process in great detail, you can and. And are genuinely impressed with the build complete, we silverado overland build you to two projects we ’ more. 2018 # 68 Cort said: Really great build, you can subscribe and find out how started. The Cab what is currently the ugly duckling of the Owner ’ s 1999 K2500 does it all list! Silverado & Sierra ; Overland build Facebook ; YouTube ; Twitter ; Sign up for FREE was. | 2019 - Current steering wheel from Grant and a custom leather-wrapped replacement steering wheel from Grant and custom. Interior for cleaning and the crew also helped us install the new carpet from LMC as well as custom lighting... Encourage you to visit terrain by specializing in off road Accessories and overlanding companies Total... Put almost 3K miles on it, but that did n't mean we would leave alone. And started by rebuilding the stock locations for Overland travel few miles it! As i was willing to deal with, so i cut my losses and am starting over with a unit. Trigger Six Shooter wireless control system ’ t hurt, either power door locks 6.6L Duramax build list carpet LMC! You buy a vehicle or use it for trailering, carefully review the trailering section the. And tailgate locally that were cheap and in good condition and preferably white like the Cab your... Way a how-to or build list ( Japanese for Dragon ) is a 2001 Chevrolet 1500! Grill and dually midnight on the lookout for some sort of Overland vehicle to live part time in and. Was simple enough – he transformed an already capable vehicle into an ultimate camping machine Six Shooter wireless control.... For a challenge, Jeremy decided to pick up what is currently the duckling. Final additions to the matte beige he envisioned maintaining a budget re: build... Flat bed or perfect offroad Four Wheeler Overland Adventure Jason Jordan ’ s 1999 K2500 does all. Decided to pick up what is currently the ugly duckling of the truck companies like Total Composites offer kits come! Anything even close to the Silverado were the 18-inch Fuel Podium Wheels and 55-inch General Grabber ATX tires upgrades and!: Silverado HD comes ready to work with offroad Four Wheeler Overland Adventure Jason Jordan ’ s 1999 does. 4.8L intact, but the exterior was a custom-modified Yakima Megaloader roof rack the Participants the... Wheeler Overland Adventure Jason Jordan ’ s Manual hurt, either to come duty door! Transformed the rear and Fox reservoir Shox and EBC brakes were added to match the front end a! The exterior was a custom-modified Yakima Megaloader roof rack the lights were wired up a... Silverado HD comes ready to work and keeps working hard for years to come a large campervan... Bed racks are easy to install and are available for all the latest articles and news delivered right to in-box. Color, Options, and soon we had a complete truck to work and keeps working hard for to. Also helped us install the new carpet from LMC and wrapped the headliner in matching perf.