He said it is possible. He reveals his pride in his small village Hosahalli when he speaks glowingly of it. Ranga and that girl were most suitable to each other for marriage, narrator thought. The doctor replies that he has not gone there because he wants them to go there. He is about thirty and his wife is twentyfive, I am told. But now I burst out laughing. Like today, even during those days, English occupied a very prominent place in the hearts and the minds of people. I sent for Ranga. He fell in love for an eleven-year-old girl Ratna and married her. Add your answer and earn points. Narrator wants to say that Hosahalli is an important village in Mysore State. I told Ranga that Ratna got married about a year ago. His name is Gundabhatta. Ranga asked with lot of hope if she was unmarried. Do not eat it. I told him that he had repeated exactly what I had asked him to repeat. Postal Department of India alloted 582205 PIN Code to this office. I found no change in Ranga when I met him that afternoon. I too did not know. I only told you what our shastra indicated,” Shastri said. In those days, there were very few people in Hosahalli who knew English. When both, the sahibs in England and our own geographers, have not referred to it, you cannot expect the poor cartographer to remember to put it on the map, can you? If the state of Mysore is to Bharatavarsha what the sweet karigadabu is to a festive meal, then Hosahalli is to Mysore State what the filling is to the karigadabu. Hope you were not bored by this story. Question 11. Shastri was at the well when I went there that evening. 252 KM from State … Education can fulfil the aspirations of rural India and give the villagers a life of dignity. She was an attractive looking girl of 11 years age. Mood of Ranga was unchanged. The author is greatly enthusiastic about Hosahalli because it is his birthplace. The girl in Rama Rao’s house is Ratna. Originally # 8, it was one of the three superheated locomotives. After this I became very careful about what I said. After a while, Ranga asked, “Who is that girl, swami?”. The next day the narrator took Ranga to see the Shastri and challenged the astrologer to tell them what was worrying Ranga. “But that girl is married…” I said. I am not the only one who speaks glowingly of Hosahalli. You eat it slowly, savouring its peel, before biting into the juicy flesh. Swear on the name of Madhavacharya and tell me, is it true what Shastri said?”. One day Rangappa came to my house. Otherwise one should remain unmarried. Now he is talking about his village. Get 100% Verified Project Details - Only on Housing.com. Shastri thought for a while before replying, “She probably has the name of something found in the ocean.”, “Must it be moss if it’s not Kamala? What I am going to tell you is something that happened ten years ago. Ranga’s Marriage NCERT Solutions for Class 11 English Snapshots Chapter 3 ... Hosahalli is a small-very small village in Mysore state. Mysore city is geographically located between 12° 18′ 26″ north latitude and 76° 38′ 59″ east longitude. Their social behaviour changes. Young men go to cities to get education. Ranga’s Marriage- Introduction to the lesson. I called Ranga to my house. it means someone who is dark coloured. She said that Ranga was still wearing the sacred thread. A boy was standing there. According to him, his village, Hosahalli is an important place in the state of Mysore and not only did the Englishmen but our won Indian writers forgot to mention it. First enjoy its peel and then one would bite its flesh. Find contact details, address, map & other important details regarding these schools in Gollarapalya Hosahalli, Bangalore. He knew when it would be to his advantage to talk to someone and rightly assessed people’s worth. He takes a vow to get him married, and that to a young girl of 11 by the name of Ratna, Rama Rao’s niece, who has of late come to Hosahalli to stay for a few days. Answer: The narrator belongs to Hosahalli. “I don’t know all that. I asked Shastri to take out books referred by him. He agrees with me. Hosahalli village is located in Krishnarajanagara Tehsil of Mysore district in Karnataka, India. When Ratna came, he sent for Ranga. Ranga’s Marriage is an interesting story of how a person manipulates to get a young boy married to an eleven-year-old girl in a village. Tell me, are you male or female?” The lion fled the place in fear, it seems. Ranga was surprised and he looked happy. This is a humorous story. We all ate it. One does not want to waste any part of it. The author is greatly enthusiastic about Hosahalli because it is his birthplace. There was surprise on Ranga’s face. They said that son of accountant had come. Narrator expects that auspicious occasion for marriage would soon need to be declared. Question 12. It is located 79 KM towards west from District head quarters Mysore. I will let you know where Hosahalli is and what things are like here. Hosahalli is a Speed Post Branch Post Office aka Dak Ghar in Gadag, Karnataka which deliver the mails and take bookings. What does the line 'if the state of Mysore is to bharatavarsha what the sweet karigadabu is to festive meal, then hosahalli is to Mysore state what the filling isto the karigadabu. Share 3. Since I was a frequent visitor to Rama Rao’s place, the girl was quite free with me. And Ranga forgets his idealism and settles down happily. Postal Department of India alloted 561203 PIN Code to this office. He invited me for dinner. We have a climber that grows in the pond of our village. The author refers to Hosahalli, the village of Rangappa and the narrator. Hosahalli is a place in Karanataka, the Erstwhile Mysore State. Narrator has used these expression to symbolise an immature girl. Nowadays situation is different. Bagnall in 1932 for Mysore State Railways. Ranga was the first person to go out of the village to study English. Who was Ranga? There are some mango trees in out village. Niece of Rama Rao had come to stay in his house. The light coming into the room was blocked. Our village accountant was the first one who had enough courage to send his son to Bangalore to study. He put his arms around my legs. He looked embarrassed. Ratna was standing a bit away. I asked him when he planned to get married. State → Karnataka. Hosahalli is in Mysore and has an elevation of 707 metres. From the narrator’s point of view it is an important village in the Mysore state. Therefore we should not hope that our map maker will remember to mark the village on the map. We politely talked about general aspects and then I left his house. “Who is the girl?” It was your humble servant who asked the question. I agree that  hints given by  you were helpful in quickly reading the shastras. In the evening I went to the well of the village. It provides a swimming pool, 3 dining options and spacious rooms with a flat-screen TV. I do not think anyone would have directly asked this type of question. Ranga was just the boy for her, and she, the most suitable bride for him. The classy rooms at JP Fortune Palace showcase modern décor and parquet floors. One sheep walks into a pit, the rest blindly follow it. When one goes for bathing in the pond, one can get two leaves from the creeper. I had been controlling my laughter all this while. I will not object to your questioning it but I will stick to my opinion. While Ratna was singing, Ranga reached at the door of my house. It belongs to Mysore Division . Mysore (/ m aɪ ˈ s ɔːr / ()), officially Mysuru ([ˈmaɪ'suːɾu] ()), is a city in the southern part of the state of Karnataka, India. Shastri said that he will not tell the story. Share 9. Ten years ago, the village didn’t have many people who knew English. No one spoke for a long while. The narrator decided that Ranga should marry Ratna. If you want to come to our village please write to me. After pretending to read some papers and counting on his fingers, the Shastri declared ‘It’s about a girl’. While she was singing the song, Things associated with an activity, Here it means books referred by an astrologer, There was authority in my voice as I spoke to Shastri. The very next morning I went to their house and told Rama Rao’s wife, “I’ll send some buttermilk for you. I continued to stand at his house. “Take out your paraphernalia. And Hosahalli is an important part of Mysore as the filling is to karigadabu. Her both the parents had died. She immediately stopped singing. It is the test of your knowledge about astrology. No. I am always here, ready to serve you. He was smiling. The village Hosahalli is a small village in Mysore. He went to a Shastri and told him to keep everything ready to read the stars and also tutored him what to say. In those days, there were very few people in Hosahalli who knew English. I’ll tell it to you some other time.”. Nobody in the outside world probably knows that such a place exists. There is no mention of the village in any geographical book. What does the line 'if the state of Mysore is to bharatavarsha what the sweet karigadabu is to festive meal, then hosahalli is to Mysore state what the filling isto the karigadabu. Answer: It was considered a very courageous step. The place has been ignored both by British and Indian authors. For a while we talked about this and that. Narrator feels sorry that he had started with a topic but was now talking about a different topic. Water of this pond is always clear – free of pollution. So Ranga came out. People were curious if his education had changed him. What Shastri told us has turned out to be true after all! I once took one such fruit home and a chutney was made out of it. He counted on his fingers. No, not England. One old lady commented that he had not changed his caste in six months after feeling the sacred thread still on his chest. Answer: Hosahalli is neither mentioned by the English experts, nor by the Indians. “I’m like a dark piece of oil-cake. Ratna came. I have been informed that his age is thirty years and age of her wife is 25 years. He could recognize when it would benefit him to talk to someone. A YP #2511 made by Telco in 1963. He agrees with me. Very hopefully, he asked, “She isn’t married, then?” His voice did not betray his excitement but I knew it was there. But he did not go. This creeper has very beautiful flowers. Actually Ranga did not want to go. We have a doctor in our place. People felt that he would have changed due to his English education. After sometime Ranga asked me about Ratna. Ranga represents modern rural India where the youth aspire to improve their life through education. He told me that I had come to meet him now after completing my work. Why not pearl or ratna, the precious stone?”. Narrate ‘The Tale of Melon Read more…, English CBSE Class 11 NCERT Snapshot Chapter 8 The Tale of Melon City – Line by Line Explanation and Meaning of Difficult Words THE TALE OF MELON CITY (Explanation) In the city of which I Read more…, Sorry, I started somewhere and then went off in another direction. Answer: Question 1. About R Hosahalli. Ranga possessed certain qualities that endeared him to Shyama, the narrator. Ranga did not only fold his hand. NCERT Solutions For Class 11 English Snapshots Ranga’s Marriage QUESTIONS FROM TEXTBOOK SOLVED A. Ranga is thinking about something. The ‘right girl’ would be mature, not likely to misunderstand him. It is not your fault. Ranga’s Marriage Important Extra Questions and Answers Class 11 English Snapshots Ranga’s Marriage Extra Questions and Answers Short Answer Type. The story ‘Ranga’s Marriage’ is located in Hosahalli, a village in the former Mysore state, now a part of Karnataka. I will not object if you question Hosahalli being an important part of Mysore State. The salient features of Airavat Club Class are as follows: The 13.8 mtr length fully built bus developed exclusively for passenger transport. I only told you what our, “Surprising. Question 1: Comment on the influence of English—the language and the way of life— on Indian life as reflected in the story. What I have said is absolutely true, believe me. Because I was married and Ranga did not want to marry. If the state of Mysore is to Bharatvarsha what the sweet ‘Karigadabu’ is to a festive meal, then Hosahalli is to Mysore State what the filling is to ‘Karigadabu’. Who is at your home to help your mother? No cartographer has put it on the map. The narrator asked Rama Rao’s wife (Ratna’s aunt) to send her to his house to get some buttermilk. Is everything well with you?” It was only then that Ranga noticed me. Ranga replied that his sister had also come with his mother. Karnataka was earlier known as Mysore State. He arranged that Ranga should hear Ratna sing and get a glimpse of her. Then he arranged with the astrologer to tell him that he could get the girl he liked. Now the narrator plans to make the prospective bride and the bridegroom meet each other. Carefully, he peeped in. She ran into the house. Ranga rarely comes to the village and meets people. She was from a big town, so she knew how to play the veena and the harmonium. English CBSE Class 11 NCERT Snapshot Chapter 3 Ranga’s Marriage Line by Line Explanation and Meaning of Difficult Words. Which part did you find the most amusing? He was out of the village for six months for studying. He had brought some oranges with him in his hand. NCERT Solutions For Class 11 English Snapshots Ranga’s Marriage QUESTIONS FROM TEXTBOOK SOLVED A. Recently, a troupe in Bangalore staged the play, A group of actors or dancers that travels & performs together, Ratna came. There is no mention of it in any geography book. He knew about an officer who got married about six months ago. “What’s the matter? There is a story about it. Ranga asked who was inside the house. If the state of Mysore is to Bharatavarsha what the R R R R R anga’s Mar anga’s Mar anga’s Mar anga’s Mar anga’s Marr i a g e r i a g e r i a g e r i a g e r i a g e 1 7 1 7 1 7 1 7 1 7 Ranga’s Marriage 17 sweet karigadabu 1 is to a festive meal, then Hosahalli is to Mysore State what the filling is to the karigadabu. The most amusing part of the story is the narrator’s and Ranga’s visit to astrologer. You do not want to waste any part of it. Is everything good with you. You seem to be lost in thought,” I said. She was staying with her uncle. After exchanging a few pleasantries, I left. Share 9. But I won’t tell you that story now. They would be talking in English. An old lady who was near him, ran her hand over his chest, looked into his eyes and said, “The janewara is still there. STATE BANK OF MYSORE VATADAHOSAHALLI, KARNATAKA IFSC Code: IFSC Code for STATE BANK OF MYSORE VATADAHOSAHALLI on The Economic Times. Let’s go and have a look.”. The astrologer had been briefed by Shyama about what to say — he did so — Ranga was already interested in Ratna He told him that it was possible to marry the girl he was thinking of. Question 3. Perhaps they did not know about this village so they did not mention it in any book. Finally, in serious voice he said that Ranga had a girl in his mind. Attracted by the crowd, I too went and stood in the courtyard and asked, “Why have all these people come? People may not have heard of it, as there is no mention of it in Geography books. Ranga came into the room and sat on a chair. State → Karnataka. If the state of Mysore is to Bharatavarsha what the. After saying this she went away. In large numbers people of village went to the house of Ranga. Then we started suffering from cough. What arrangements did the narrator make with Shastri, the astrologer? Narrator told Shastri what he should tell in such situation. He had gone to Bangalore to study. Thankfully we were in an open area. But I knew he was eager to know about her. Download NCERT Chapters and Books in pdf format. He stopped at the threshold. This is the meaning of meeting eyes. Answer: Class-11-science » English. Then he went to house of Ranga. The resort has family rooms. He took out two sheets of paper, some cowries and a book written on leaves of palmyra tree. I shouted and started telling him that in the morning I had …. I was of the opinion that Ranga would be a good husband. That was why Ranga’s homecoming was a great event. Its flowers are a feast to behold. Had we all gone inside, the place would have turned into what people call the Black Hole of Calcutta. The educated young men can stand against evils like dowry. I further said that the shastras are really wonderful. He would be three year old. Ranga came with me without any objection. No? English was not spoken or used in the village. I sent for Ranga. They get opportunities. What has happened is disgraceful, believe me. I thought that all these events are of past. “Headache? It’s about our own Ranga’s marriage and hence no fancy title. The story depicts the life in Indian villages in the past when child marriage was a common practice. Shastri did not allow me to speak further. He mentions some of its specialities. Did Ranga select his bride according to the views he held on the subject of marriage? You and Ratna both are really like a child. Ranga admitted, “There’s greater truth in that shastra than we imagine. He looked into the room carefully. Actually he had seen many places. He pretended to do some calculations in front of Ranga and concluded that a girl was responsible for Ranga’s present condition and the girl’s name perhaps was similar to that of some things found in ocean, such as Ratan or Kamala. It is located 34 KM towards South from District head quarters Chikkamagaluru. Like today, even during those days, English occupied a very prominent place in the hearts and the minds of people. Ranga laughed and agreed with me. Answer: He was special because he was the first young man of the village to go to town to study. District → Mysore. This is not the occasion of telling stories of God that permits to tell many stories. Question 3. Ranga and Ratna were married. Answer: Then I looked at Ranga. Who’s there to help your mother to cook?”. I was in the house of Rama Rao. Ranga bent his body to touch my feet. I said, “So Shastrigale, you repeated everything I had taught you without giving rise to any suspicion. It is located at an altitude of 740 m (2,427 ft). “Definitely,” he said, after thinking for some time. His name is Gundabhatta. He looked disappointed. But now he has understood that there is truth in those books. Answer The story ‘Ranga’s Marriage’ is set in a village Hosahalli, which was in the erstwhile Mysore state. A boy, a fellow without any brains, said, loud enough for everyone to hear, “What are you doing here, then?” A youngster, immature and without any manners. Or a girl who does not know how to eat by herself. Rangappa had come the other day to invite me for dinner. Then all people disappeared from the place just like sugar would disappear in the mouth of a child. State … “Who’s that inside?” the lion wanted to know. CBSE Class 11 English Snapshots book Chapter 3 “Ranga’s Marriage” Multiple Choice Questions ‌(MCQs‌) with Answers. Q3) What is Dr. Gundabhatta’s opinion about Hosahalli and the world outside? About Hosahalli. She replied it was four pice. Only this morning…” Shastri completed my sentence, “You finished all your work and are now free to visit me.” Had he not done so, I would have ruined our plan by bursting like grains that are kept in the sun to dry. If Shakuntala were a young girl just like brides of these days, Dushyantha would not have fallen in love with her. Shastri objected to my statements. Question 1. It was when I went for the cough medicine that the doctor told me about the special quality of the fruit. Class-11-science » English Ranga\s Marriage "If the state of Mysore is to bharatavarsha what the sweet karigadabu is to a festive meal,then hosahalli is to Mysore state what the filling is … Thus there is no sign of our village on any map. Ans. They purchased a bundle of firewood from a woman. Can you tell us what’s worrying him? There may be some other girl who is suitable. Like today, even during those days, English occupied a very prominent place in the hearts and the minds of people. It has not been trapped by any „ geographer or Sahibs in England. Then he arranged with the astrologer to tell him that he could get the girl he liked. People rushed to his doorstep announcing, “The accountant’s son has come,” “The boy who had gone to Bangalore for his studies is here, it seems,” and “Come, Ranga is here. He has not been to England. English CBSE Class 11 NCERT Snapshot Chapter 3 Ranga’s Marriage Line by Line Explanation and Meaning of Difficult Words ... then Hosahalli is to Mysore State what the filling is to the karigadabu. "what does it means? Some days ago someone had told me that she was married. He came near me and respectfully said namaskar to me. I will tell you these stories some other day. The story ‘Ranga’s Marriage’ is set in a village Hosahalli, which was in the erstwhile Mysore state. Answer: The author refers to Hosahalli, the village of Rangappa and the narrator. Ranga’s face showed the same disappointment when the singing stopped. As soon as Shastri saw me, he exclaimed, “What a surprise, Shyama! The narrator in the story ‘Ranga’s Marriage’ talks of Ranga’s house as ‘the Black Hole of Calcutta’ because of the large crowd that had gathered to see Ranga when he came home after completing his studies. Then I asked Shastri who was that girl. Shastri said that he was not aware about marriage of Ratna. What had happened the other day is quite shameful. This document is highly rated by Class 11 … Hosahalli is to Mysore state what the sweet ‘Karigadabu’ is to a festive meal. You should take only one bite from it because it is very sour. Both her parents had died, and her uncle had brought her home. How did the narrator let Ranga have a glimpse of Ratna? I told Ranga that I had similar feeling during the process of selecting a bride for me. If anyone asks him whether he has been there, he says, “No, We have some mango trees in our village. I continued to stand there. Describe the village scene when Ranga returned from Bangalore. He loudly asked why narrator had come there. That’s why I am not marrying now.”. Seeing so many people there, Ranga came out with a smile on his face. Give an example to show that the narrator is proud of his village. The author refers to Hosahalli, the village of Rangappa and the narrator. The poor woman did not understand the English word “change” and went away muttering to herself. If all the people had gone inside, the house would have become as crowded as the Black Hole of Calcutta. Then Shastri asked Ranga about his zodiac sign. Ranga had not expected this. An accountant from our village had sent his son to Bangalore to study. As a result, Hosahalli is not in geography books or atlases. I’m already married and you aren’t the marrying kind.”. Ranga had the courage to ask who was inside the house. As for his namaskara to me, he did not do it like any present-day boy—with his head up towards the sun, standing stiff like a pole without joints, jerking his body as if it was either a wand or a walking stick. I am as dark as a piece of oil-cake. 1. If the state of Mysore is to Bharatvarsha what the sweet ‘Karigadabu’ is to a festive meal, then Hosahalli is to Mysore State what the filling is to ‘Karigadabu’. I told her to sit in my room and requested her to sing a song. Sorry, I started somewhere and then went off in another direction.