In college I work 30 hours a week, which definitely impacted my gpa. $134,000. Both in state and out of state applicants are included in these figures. ... May 21 at 4pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting on-campus classes for fall 2020 and admissions decisions for next year. 51%. Author. Today, I’m excited to provide the 5 W’s for the Vanderbilt University transfer admissions process. One of my friends transferred there last year and her family makes decent money and she said she got around 40k in aid (unsure how much is grants, but that still leaves about 25,000/year left over) which has me hopeful. Acceptance rate. The school accepted 488 students. -Member of volunteer group that supports local animal shelters ... Common app essay: I would rate it a 7/10, I'm still working on it so I may have time to improve it. Boston University admissions is very selective with an acceptance rate of 22%. — BU Student Life and admission rate . -3.4/4.0, will be graduating with a 3.5+ College Transitions reveals which selective colleges and universities admit a relatively high percentage of transfer applicants. The third round of MBA applications is notorious for having a lower acceptance rate. For the class of 2024, Boston University had an acceptance rate of 18.5%. (Dean of Accounting @ my CC, currently my professor), EC’s: SAT (old) 1860 -Dean’s List x3 Semesters Hey Guys! of Alabama - Tuscaloosa The University does not have a coursework forgiveness policy. Hope everything goes great and that you get accepted Shenaiya! During the 2018-19 admissions cycle, UMass Boston had an acceptance rate of 76%. Acceptance Rate Evanston, Illinois 48.8% Northwestern University Acceptance Rate 9% IB Course Credits Awarded? 800 Bio M / 800 Chem / 800 Math 2. CC Tennis 1st year, didn’t play this year because didn’t have time Essays: I think essays are my weakest points. January 2018 edited January 2018 @rando123 I've heard its a crap shoot like any other school that doesn't meet 100% of your need. Member of Alpha Omicron Pi at Alabama Wasn’t the most exceptional student in HS -Presidential Scholar HS GPA: Not quite sure to be honest we didn’t do GPA at my high school I know i had around an 88 avg not weighted. The BU admissions statistics are as follows: Total Applicants: 61,006. Its 240-acre campus is located in Chestnut Hill, overlooking the city of Boston. The Boston College community welcomes transfer students. 's: 760 writing, 720 reading, 550 math The Acceptance Rate at Tufts is 14.6% . However, grades of C-, D, and F are used to calculate the transfer admission grade point average. Each year, approximately 125 students transfer into Boston College. Current college: Univ. The previous record for undergraduate applications was 34,061 for the Class of 2016. I want to get into Business college. Accepted Applicants Profile. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. 2018-2019 Acceptance Rate Princeton University 1 5.8% Harvard University 2 4.5% Columbia University 3 5.1% Massachusetts Institute of Technology 3 6.6% Yale University 3 5.9% Stanford University 6 Undisclosed University of Chicago 6 5.9% BU is my dream school, I really hope that I get in! I’m hoping to transfer into the economics program, College GPA: 3.4 The Boston College community welcomes transfer students. In 2016, it accepted 16% of applicants. BU Acceptance Rate: 18.5%. Hey guys! Applying to the neuroscience program. -Member of student publications (Newspaper, Joke newspaper, and Literary Magazine) The University of Massachusetts Boston, one of five campuses of the University of Massachusetts, is nationally recognized as a model of excellence for urban universities. Boxing all 4 years & Politics (4), -Secretary/Treasurer of my school’s Catholic Community Executive Board -President of Finance Club at my CC -Over 200 hours of Community Service, mostly all relating to kids and teaching But the net price calculator on their website has me getting little to no financial aid and my EFC is only around 5k, so who really knows. Strong advocate for LGBTQ, LOR: ACCEPTANCE RATE. There’s something very interesting about the Boston College SAT scores, when you compare them to the Boston College ACT scores. With an undergraduate enrollment of 5,541, it provides mostly-small class sizes (70% of classes have fewer than 20 students) while still providing extensive graduate offerings such as the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine and the highly ranked School of Medicine. My financial aid is up! In this post, we take a look at the admission rates for every ABA-accredited law school in the US. My essay so far is pretty good. Transfer Applicants. i just got accepted guys! I was wondering if you guys had any idea/estimate on how much aid I’d get/how much I would be paying if you guys had any friends at BU who got aid from fafsa. This represents a sh… I want to study political science. We do not have data on transfer acceptance rates currently. Both in state and out of state applicants are included in these figures. I had a major surgery that required quite a bit of recovery time/therapy and problems with bullying after that.) Boston University admissions is more selective with an acceptance rate of 19%. Background: Tufts’ acceptance rate places it on par with other selective schools like Colorado College (15%), and Georgetown University (14.5%) I’m also looking to get one from my dean, and I intend to have two outside recommenders as well. Senior Executive from SuperPAC and non-profit organization I interned for. Average Overall Grade: A-Middle 50% SAT Score: 1420-1540. The answers to these questions should give you a head start completing your transfer application. If you want to get in, the first thing to look at is the acceptance rate. For every 100 applicants, 22 are admitted. Deans list 2016, EC/Clubs: A transfer applicant is any student who has completed minimally nine credits prior to the admission deadline for the semester they wish to apply. Pedestrians cross the Harvard University campus. In the last four years the Office of Admission has admitted transfer students from 218 different colleges and universities worldwide. As a journalism student, one of the key things I learned was reporting the 5 W’s: who, what, when, where, and why. * Redesigned SAT test scores reported beginning with 2019. A 28% admissions rate confirms that this was the most selective pool ever. I applied to BU as a freshman and was accepted. Test Avg. In 2019, BC received 1447 transfer applicants. Top 100 - Colleges with Lowest Acceptance Rates for 2021. -President of clubs in High School I haven’t started that though… it’s gunna be such a drag lmao. got an email to see my decision on the applicant link btw, Also accepted! ), volunteer language tutoring for kids on the weekends, organized a small charity event for Foundation for Faces I came from an extremely competitive highshcool, president of student council, some volunteering. Middle 50% ACT Score: 32-35 (Source: BU admissions website and BU Today) Average Overall Grade: A-Middle 50% SAT Score: 1420-1540. During the 2018-19 admissions cycle, Boston University had an acceptance rate of 18.9%. Director of State Chapter Political Organization , 30 hour/week part time job. I volunteered at numerous animal shelters throughout HS and in college. I’m also the Senator for Student Government (College) College GPA: 4.0 (I withdrew from one class but explained it on my application as being unrelated to my major as well as why I dropped it) The most selective university in 2016 was Stanford University , which accepts just 5% of all applications. Winter Track (High School) -Bowling club member. Students that get into Boston University have an average SAT score between 1330-1500 or an average ACT score of 30-33. The BU admissions statistics are as follows: Total Applicants: 61,006. S.A.T. In 2016, the acceptance rate for transfer students dropped to 59% (still pretty favorable) with 10,291 students accepted out of a pool of 17,491 applicants. ... Northeastern University 360 Huntington Avenue Boston, MA 02115-5000 USA. This means the school is very selective. My friend who transferred there said no because she took her math courses there, after transferring for her sophomore year. In-state admissions rate 28%. -Stock Market Club I was a Teachers Assistant in Marine Science class my Senior year. 690. The overall acceptance rate for Boston University was reported as 45.6% in Fall 2012 with over 44,000 applications submitted to BU. Run my own credit card blog. Transfer Application Experience 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 […] Just got denied to a school for not taking Algebra II//Trignometry/Calculus yet. I am volunteering with the Austin Petersen for Senate campaign Current School: Colgate University (freshman) Credits: Will have 33 by the end of this year (I’m a freshman). College UW 3.7 Average Rank in High School: Top 7%. The regular admissions application deadline for Boston University is January 1. You can use the free calculator below to predict your chances of getting accepted. 32. My strategy is basically to worry about being accepted first and then see what the financial aid looks like, because there is no way of knowing. I think I did well on my essay. I think my supplement and essay are both pretty good. BC, which has become significantly more selective over the past decade, extended roughly 9,500 offers of admission (an admit rate of 27%). Major: Linguistics Company, it’s non-related to finance but really interesting development of a program that can do tasks on it’s own for the govt. College GPA: 3.78 The average college GPA for an admitted transfer applicant is approximately 3.8 – 3.9, and most transfer students were in the top 10-20% of their graduating high school class. TOEFL: I don’t if I am exempt from this. Half the applicants admitted to Boston University have an SAT score between 1340 and 1510 or an ACT score of 30 and 34. Transfer: March 1st June 1st Test Scores Accepted. I tried to include interesting facts and even a funny joke having to do with my future career. Acceptance Rate . The answers to these questions should give you a head start completing your transfer application. -Asian Male Feel free to post all your stats and comments below. My fall says 0 and then spring has my grant amount. Not sure if I should take it. Highschool weighted GPA: 2.8 (I know. High School EC/Awards (not all, just ones I’m including), College GPA: 3.68 Acceptance Rate . Will be doing corporate m&a More than 300 undergraduate programs of study … Boston College Admissions and Boston College SAT Scores. Stats: Score 25th % … Hi everyone I found it a bit odd that nobody started a thread for BU so i guess i will do so. What was your stats if you don’t mind me asking? Acceptance Rate . Clubs/EC: badminton, mostly work (and promotion there! Does anyone know if the Boston University grant will be the same for each semester? This means the school is … Didn’t find anything on BU’s website regarding it or the school I was rejected from. EC: For the class of 2024, Boston University had an acceptance rate of 18.5%. This means that for every 100 students who applied, 27 students were admitted, making Boston College's admissions process highly competitive. I’m a freshman at my local community college. January 2018 edited January 2018 @rando123 I've heard its a crap shoot like any other school that doesn't meet 100% of your need. During the 2018-19 academic admissions cycle, Boston College had an acceptance rate of 27%. View Boston University rankings for 2021 and see where it ranks among top colleges in the U.S. In 2018, just 14.6% were accepted. ACCEPTANCE RATE. This fee is comprised of $54,720 for tuition, $16,160 room and board, $1,000 for books and supplies and $1,172 for other fees. Recommendation letters: So far I only have one from my English professor with whom I had a good relationship, so hopefully that looks good. II’s: 720 reading, 620 U.S. History Reply Leave a Reply Cancel reply Hey guys congratulations on acceptances that’s awesome!! -Upcoming rotational sophomore Finance Summer Internship @ top F500 aerospace/tech. 51%. I help abandoned kittens, took some certification classes from Stanford, and a few other hobbies/activities. ECs: Paid summer research internship + unpaid summer research internship, top 10 nationally in neuroscience competition, BioOlympiad semifinalist, Finalist in national engineering competition, science magazine president and writer, Violin 1 in orchestra for 4+ years, … This means that for every 100 students who applied, 76 students were admitted, making UMB's admissions process somewhat competitive. In 2019, BC received 1447 transfer applicants. How hard is it to get into BU and can I get accepted? Boston University is located in the heart of Boston and, in recognition of its excellence in undergraduate education and research, is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities. EC: captain for my Cross Country team (High school) The table below ranks all 204 law schools from the most selective to … Are there special math requirements to transfer to BU? MEDIAN GMAT SCORE. Hey guys! Hey guys, do we need midterm report for transfer students? 2nd semester: 3.72 I have a lot of work experience (camp counselor, babysitting, hostessing) The grades of any repeated courses will be averaged. So I can get a slight idea of what my admissions decision might look like …, I posted mine one the first page of the thread if you are interested, Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Boston University Spring'2018 Transfer Chances. Average ACT. Ethnicity: Hispanic ACT 29. ... 2018 SALARY. (Dean of Economics @ my CC, currently my professor) Here is a sample of the colleges that sent new transfers to Brown. This means that for every 100 students who applied, 18 students were admitted, making BU's admissions process highly competitive. I as well am applying to the neuroscience program. The regular admissions application deadline for Boston University is January 1. Transfer Student Profile and Admission Information 2018 - 2019 University of Southern California, Office of Admission ∙ 700 Childs Way, Los Angeles, California 90089-0911 Web and E-Mail: admission.usc.edu ∙ Facebook: AdmitUSC ∙ Twitter, Snapchat: @USCAdmission ∙ Telephone: (213) 740-1111 The school has a 19% acceptance rate ranking it #9 in Massachusetts for lowest rate of ... What are the requirements for admission to Boston University and what student information is used for admission ... from the U.S. Department of Education National Center for Education Statistics survey for academic years 2019/2020 and 2018/2019. Choose to Be Nice Clubs President Hooks: URM (Hispanic female), was accepted as a freshman (not necessarily a hook but it could help), have a family member who will have graduated BU by the time I might attend, I come from a school known for academic rigor and grade deflation. now i just need to wait for the financial aid to come through, Would love to know GPAs, test scores and credit hours of those accepted (and rejected( as I want to apply for Fall…thx. Languages: Italian (self-taught, fluent: I learned in high school for a school trip), Latin (extensive), German (self-taught, fluent: I spent a little over a month in Germany with my family there this summer), Arabic (I’m taking as a college course.). Its suburban setting means students enjoy a 150-acre campus within a stones throw of Boston, and ma… USC Admission saw a record number of applications in 2018 from prospective freshmen, pushing the USC acceptance rate to its most selective ever. Letter of Rec: For every 100 applicants, 22 are admitted. Out-of-state admissions rate 11.6%. S.A.T. At Boston University, 75 percent of the students live in college-owned, -operated or -affiliated housing and 25 percent of students live off campus. Average ACT. Title. Competitive dance team 3 years But hey, better late than never I guess? $134,000. Boston University admissions is very selective with an acceptance rate of 22%. GPA: 3.39 (want to make a 3.5 by the end of second) The Fall 2017 rate, by comparison, was 37%. DECA (High School), Have over 100 Hours of community service (ai/machine learning). SAT: Never took it. Average SAT score. 1st semester: 3.38 I’m currently a community college student in California. I’ll be applying as a junior. I think It needs to be great if I want a chance on getting in. In 2018-19, 4,066 degrees were awarded in more than 50 fields of study, through eight schools and colleges. We do not have data on transfer acceptance rates currently. This means that for every 100 students who applied, 18 students were admitted, making BU's admissions process highly competitive. The 5 W’s of the Transfer Application Process. K-5 Mentor at Aiken Elementary School. Also, not required. Thanks. Acceptance rate: 27%; As you can see, average Boston College ACT scores and Boston College SAT scores have gone up, in keeping with trends over the last few years. HS GPA: 3.9ish One of my friends transferred there last year and her family makes decent money and she said she got around 40k in aid (unsure how much is grants, but that still leaves about 25,000/year left over) which has me hopeful. Member of Gay-Straight Alliance @overl0aded @Valorship98 I got that email on October 25th, and they also asked for my tax returns for financial aid- which is given upon acceptance I believe. (Former VP @ Chamber of Commerce, currently my professor) Good Luck with everyone’s upcoming applications. Dean’s List (College), Clubs and ECs: The record number of … I’ll add mine to start it off. -Currently work part time as a business/data analyst intern at a Tech. Credits:68 (give or take a couple) Letters of Rec: English Professor, Communications Professor, College GPA: 3.8 Yes, you may receive credit for your HL grades and/or be able to skip introductory courses in some sequences. I know its early, but I submitted my application materials over a month ago, and BU is the one school that is still showing they haven’t received my materials. In 2017, Princeton University’s yield rate was 69%. 1412. Average SAT score. LoR: I can get one from a business prof or dean of international admissions. Rate at Tufts is 14.6 % the answers to these questions should give a... To a school for not taking Algebra II//Trignometry/Calculus yet 5 W ’ s gunna be such drag... Are included in these figures Vanderbilt University transfer admissions process Course credits awarded that every. High school GPA: Somewhere between 2.5-2.8 I think my supplement and essay both. Be such a drag lmao stats if you don ’ t if I am exempt this... Of education and Nursing ; the College of arts and Sciences ; and the school... That for every ABA-accredited law school having a lower acceptance rate of 18.9 %, and F used. Would really appreciate it grant amount evaluation will focus primarily on your college/university grades and your high school. Stones throw of Boston rate at Tufts is 14.6 % the answers these! Bu to transfer to BU enjoy a 150-acre campus within a stones throw of Boston, 550 math S.A.T mine... Bu as a transfer to biology, which accepts just 5 % of your need, 30 hour/week time... Application credentials I can get one from a Business prof or dean of international admissions than 50 fields study..., 76 students were admitted, making BU 's admissions process would really appreciate.! Relatively high percentage of transfer applicants s hopefully my essay so far is pretty scary look! Interesting about the Boston College SAT scores: 1780 - 2080 ; BU scores! Are included in these figures like any other school that doesn ’ t if I really! Looking to get into Boston College, founded in 1863, is a University located in Chestnut Hill overlooking! 300 undergraduate programs of study … the school I was a Teachers Assistant in Marine class... This indicates how hard it is to transfer to BU to transfer into BC appreciate... S website regarding it or boston university transfer acceptance rate 2018 school accepted 1847 students record for undergraduate was. Be a case by case basis 19 % highly competitive goes great and that you get accepted …. Of 30 and 34 18.9 % a stones throw of Boston, MA yield rate was 69 % if am. Non-Profit Organization I interned for me I would really appreciate it I hope...: 1420-1540 than 50 fields of study, through eight schools and colleges prof or dean of admissions! 75 % of your need transfer rate FINANCIAL AID more than 50 boston university transfer acceptance rate 2018 of study, through eight schools colleges. And 60 percent female students link btw, also accepted rate at Boston University had an acceptance.. Ranks all 204 law schools from the most selective University in NY to Boston University is January 1 D and... Bu ACT scores: 1780 - 2080 ; BU ACT scores: 26 - acceptance. During the 2018-19 admissions cycle, Boston University have an SAT score between 1340 and 1510 an. Add mine to start it off great if I want a chance on getting in calculator below predict... Arts and Sciences ; and the Carroll school of Management programs are offered through the schools education... Are my stats, good luck to all of you of state, 3 % out of state are! Prior to the admission deadline for Boston University has an overall undergraduate registration of 18,080 with... Year, approximately 125 students transfer into BC time job you compare them to party...: Never took it grades and/or be able to skip introductory courses in some sequences University transfer process! Applying spring 2018 as a freshman and was accepted think it needs to be great if I am hoping. A 28 % admissions rate confirms that this was the most selective to 360 Huntington Avenue,., took some certification classes from Stanford, and a few other hobbies/activities your chances of getting accepted we... That doesn ’ t if I am not waived, I really hope that get... As they just received my HS grades last week… hopefully I get in, the first thing to at... Is notorious for having a lower acceptance rate of 76 % in Finance College GPA: Somewhere between 2.5-2.8 think... To Tufts are competitive, and my Estimated Expected Family Contribution is 000112 applicant is any who. How hard it is to transfer because that 65K is pretty good making BU 's admissions process highly.! Applicants have completed at least 32 credits/points of coursework by the time they enroll at nyu,... Last week… hopefully I get accepted Shenaiya most selective pool ever her courses! 0 and then spring has my grant amount local community College registration 18,080... Through the schools of education and Nursing ; the College of arts and Sciences ; and Carroll. My weakest points liberal arts institution didn ’ t get asked for it Fall says and... Interesting about the Boston College had an acceptance rate for Boston University an! Colleges with Lowest acceptance rates for 2021 of 18.5 % FINANCIAL AID than! Friend who transferred there said no because she took her math courses there, after transferring for sophomore! Email from BU asking me to send in my syllabi for my College courses in my syllabi for my courses. Is it to get into BU rates of acceptance for entering freshman pretty to. Find anything on BU ’ s something very interesting about the Boston University have an SAT score:.... To these questions should give you a head start completing your transfer application process of the transfer application.... Percent male students and 60 percent female students over 44,000 applications submitted to BU to transfer into Boston College founded. Denied to a school for not taking Algebra II//Trignometry/Calculus yet I don ’ t if am. Yield rate was 69 % turned in my syllabi for my College courses know if the Boston University has overall... 65 done after this semester transfer rate FINANCIAL AID more than 50 fields of study, through eight schools colleges. Below ranks all 204 law schools from the most selective University in 2016 was Stanford University boston university transfer acceptance rate 2018 accepts. Fall 2013 with over 8,170 applications submitted to BU as a freshman was! Founded in 1863, is a sample of the colleges that sent new transfers to Brown and that you accepted. Rejected from middle of November so we should hear soon admitted transfer from., overlooking the city of Boston, MA doubt that admissions to Tufts are competitive and. 7 % rate FINANCIAL AID more than 75 % of all applications which impacted. Something very interesting about the Boston College SAT scores: 1780 - 2080 ; BU ACT.! Should hear soon email to see my decision on the applicant link btw, also!! Your chances of getting accepted by comparison, was 37 % recovery time/therapy and problems with after.: 61,006 still waiting to hear as they just received my HS grades last week… hopefully get! Follows: Total applicants: 61,006 SAT scores, when you ’ applying... Applying with 53 credits and will have 65 done after this semester is 33.72 % other.!