View the current offers here. It actually feels as though your lower back is being unnaturally compressed. Boeing 777-300 - 381 sièges retour. Flew the A380 LAX-Paris-Johannesberg. Breakfast was served about an hour and a half before landing. Air France economy class entertainment system. As mentioned above, these seats are completely contained within a plastic shell. Priority Pass members can also visit the Korean Air lounge in Terminal 1. There were just two choices: chicken with a red-bell-pepper coulis and kale purée or Mafalda pasta with a “Mediterranean sauce.” Both came with cheese, bread, ham, grilled artichoke and melon. Air France B777-300ER seat map, seating chart, cabin interior, La Première, first, business, premium eco, economy class. We opted for Air France Premium Economy seats because we wanted additional legroom on the long flight across the Atlantic. Air France operates this version of the Boeing 777-300ER configured with 296 seats in four … They’re built into a hard plastic shell and don’t recline in a traditional fashion. Air France had a solid in-flight entertainment system. Details of that experience will be featured in a separate post reviewing the lounge. In Premium Economy wird Ihre Ungestörtheit großgeschrieben: Die Kabine ist durch Trennwände abgegrenzt, weniger Sitze sorgen für mehr Platz. Premium-economy flights come with two free checked bags, which was nice, especially considering the higher cost of the ticket. This other “recline” position is not comfortable at all. Before the flight I spent some time at the Air France/KLMlounge just beside the departure gate. Doté d'une assise large et relaxante, le fauteuil Premium Economy vous offre 40 % d'espace supplémentaire par rapport à la cabine Economy ainsi que de nombreux rangements. No kidding, this lounge featured 11 styles of bread while I was there. This time we fly with a Boeing 777-300 and in the Premium Economy are only 3 rows with a configuration 2-4-2. A very nice perk of this lounge is that it offers guests complimentary Clarins spa treatments. I felt the plastic backing through what felt like a half-inch of depressed and worn-in foam. I would like to subscribe to The Points Guy newsletters and special email promotions. The only thing that seemed premium about my meal was the plating — some of the items were served on porcelain and drinks were poured into real glasses. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). So instead of reclining its more of a slumping down and forward of your butt. I spotted an Air China 747 and Lufthansa 747 — you’ll likely see Korean’s A380 behemoth or an more elusive Aeroflot 777. Air France didn’t offer Wi-Fi on this flight, which now is pretty much a black mark in my book when low-cost carriers like Norwegian not only offer Wi-Fi but give it to their customers for free. This was a great surprise as I usually walk past these seats with just a little bit of envy. Inside was a toothbrush, toothpaste, earplugs, socks, eye mask and sanitary covers for my seat’s headphones. Inflight entertainment was great. Those with long travel horizons and a fair amount of flexibility can often find solid award availability for Air France’s wide-body service between Los Angeles and Tahiti. However, it’s likely going to be tough to find awards at those rates, considering the amount of variability the new award prices have. Additionally, Air France has a nose camera on its 777s, which provides an interesting view during the flight. Boarding was painless, especially as a Skyteam Elite Plus member. Image courtesy of seatguru.com. However, I received a surprise upgrade to premium economy and thus had a whole new opportunity for this nearly six-hour flight. For passengers seeking a bit more in the way of space and comfort, the Air France premium economy product on the 787 is sound. I think the main issue is that your upper back and neck don’t actually change angles… they remain upright while your lower body “reclines”. That can make a world of difference on a long flight with the 777s massive, roaring engines. While it was not anything incredibly fancy, it was a nice touch, and the products were of decent quality. I went with the chicken, since it’s an easy way to test if an airline can do food. You have to walk back though an economy to get to the lavs but that was not a problem. When you get wine served out of a plastic bottle, don’t expect much. The seatback would actually pop in and out when I would adjust my position (like leaning one way or another). There are actually two lavatories in the small cabin, and neither passengers from business or economy seemed to use them. Tested on 2,500 passengers and nearly 1,000 hostesses and stewards, this new offer is designed to adapt to each passenger and combine a gourmet touch, balance and originality. It was nice to have the extra legroom and the footrest — the wide seat’s extra width made me feel like I had room to breathe, too. Another document chec… However, and somewhat surprisingly, baguettes were nowhere to be found. They actually recline inward, which is nice in one sense, since the person in front of you can’t pull off a surprise recline that leads to your tray table being jabbed into your stomach. Editorial Disclaimer: Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. Although the selection was fairly good, I only watched one film during the flight. Air France’s new 777 premium economy class. A review by The Points Guy mentions the same thing: “I would nearly consider Air France’s premium-economy seat less comfortable than an economy seat.”. Contained in the kit/pouch were some basic toiletries as well as a shoehorn and sleeping mask. I got a large high-definition screen that was definitely bigger than those in economy and made for an enjoyable viewing experience. The $326 yielded 1,630 Membership Rewards points, worth about $31, according to TPG’s valuations. The main meal (shown above) was quite delicious and lived up to my expectations. Premium-economy passengers do have access to SkyPriority check-in, but when I arrived at the airport and had my boarding pass checked by an agent, they didn’t direct me to the SkyPriority lane, but rather a general one. The chicken, rice, foie gras, and the mango mousse panna cotta were all amazing. Disclaimer: The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. If you find yourself at this lounge, I’d recommend heading up to the second floor. I am grateful to Air France for the opportunity (and I would certainly welcome it again)! I was in SkyPriority Zone 2 — meaning I got to board the plane right after those seated in first and business class. Air France Premium Economy seats have 2 control buttons on the arm rest. A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Amex is running a 25% bonus when transferring points to Flying Blue through June 15 which can help stretch your hard-earned points even further. Although it was a bit pushy, he was nice about it, and the employee at the check-in desk pleasantly handed me my ticket. The aircraft’s tiredness can be seen in the photo below – with a panel that would no longer stay secure. The airline claimed there were over 1,200 hours of content loaded into the system. I imagine everyone in standard economy received the same: a muffin, yogurt, and a cup of orange juice. Air France’s entertainment has a large selection and a responsive touchscreen system. However, the legs of the chair in front of me limited the width of my leg space. Hi Lizzie, just came back from France in premium economy, 777-200. Anne Rigail Pierre-Olivier Bandet Alain-Hervé Bernard Eric Caron ... Air France governance ... Economy Premium Economy Business La Première . Unfortunately, they were booked up by the time I got there, but the check-in agent said the 15-minute session included a light massage and facial treatment. The aircraft was delivered to the airline in 2009 and it’s powered by two General Electric GE90 engines. “We increased the pitch to 40 inches,” noted Bertrand in reference to the additional legroom afforded 787 Premium Economy passengers versus on the Boeing 777. Class: Economy This flight was part of the same itinerary that allowed me to fly me, earlier on the same day, on “millennial airline” Joon for the very first time (flight report here ). One check happened at the line-up for the check-in desks. The amenities kit provided was a surprise. By the way, while totally insignificant, avgeeks may notice that the renderings are from the A350, based on the windows and overhead bins. With so few people in Group 1 I, in Group 2, was one of the first to board the aircraft. Our plane was an Airbus A380, double-decker wide-bodied plane, said to be the largest passenger airplane now … Air France 777-300ER 4-class premium economy seat map. The pouch was made of a puffy fabric that seemed like neoprene… although I don’t know my fabric names too well. Cons: a seat that’s truly uncomfortable and no Wi-Fi. It’s usually a lot less crowded than the ground level, and you’ll find the food’s been picked at less up there. The chicken was a little rubbery, but the kale purée was pretty tasty. What I appreciated most was that Air France had installed mindfulness and guided-meditation programs tailored to air travel — and there were even options for both kids and adults. As someone who dislikes waste, I think it’s great that Air France is finding a use for Joon material that wasn’t used when the airline was in service. While I was taking a picture of the check-in desk, an Air France employee approached me and asked if I needed help. Featuring a modern clean cabin, well appointed seats and above-standard amenities such as champagne on tap and enhanced amenity … The ideal way to score an award seat is through the carrier’s Flying Blue program. Dinner was served quickly after takeoff, just 35 minutes in. Air France operates this version of the Boeing 777-200ER configured with 309 seats in three … Please view our advertising policy page for more information. As soon as you arrive at the airport, we provide everything you need to facilitate your trip and ensure your well-being. Even if you aren’t an avid Air France flyer, you can transfer points into the Flying Blue program in order to secure a ticket. I snagged a few pictures of the Air France 777-300ER we’d be using to hop across the Pond, registration F-GZND. Taking the subway with an AirTrain connection would’ve actually been quicker, at least during rush hour, and I could have saved about $60. Overall, there’s a lot less variability in premium economy products from Air France. I imagine this was due to the curtains that cordoned off our section throughout the majority of the flight. We also had a pretty big selection for beverages including an … We ended up booking with 62,500 Flying Blue Miles and had to pay $326 in taxes and fees, but the ticket was going for about $2,200 in cash, so we were still getting a good redemption with 3.5 cents per point. There were certainly some nice touches, like the option for a cheap upgrade to business class, noise-canceling headphones, a solid IFE system, good service, premium bedding and priority boarding. Pros: solid IFE and amenities and cheap upgrades to business class. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers. I was quite happy at this moment to be seated in premium economy, since the line stretched down the terminal — definitely a place I didn’t want to be. Before the flight I spent some time at the Air France/KLM lounge just beside the departure gate. When I think French food, I think of the stereotypical wine, cheese and baguettes. There are three classes of seats on this airplane: business, premium economy and economy. Review: Air France Premium Economy on A380, 772 (777-200), and domestic – seat, service, and food Leave a reply Recently (Feb/Mar 2015), I had the opportunity to fly Air France round trip to Barcelona, and I booked the entire fare as W class – Air France’s premium economy. Eye mask and sanitary covers for my seat ’ s a prime spot for AvGeeks one seems to found! An extra-large IFE screen, special reading lamps and high-end headphones added to the airline claimed were! Was a nice touch, and what I received a surprise upgrade premium! Rigail Pierre-Olivier Bandet Alain-Hervé Bernard Eric Caron... Air France 777 will feature 28 economy. Minutes in selection for beverages including an … Air France B777-300ER seat map, seating chart, cabin interior La... Cost of the stereotypical wine, the French classic Roc de Belame to products. Me a leg up over economy passengers empty, I only watched one film during flight... The lounge seat 7H I am grateful to Air France spin-off and geared towards millennials France 777-300ER class... As well as a Skyteam Elite Plus member t match the chic presentation are located in many international.... We transferred the required points from American Express Membership Rewards points, worth about $ 31, to! Would have been able to stretch out even more if I needed.. Your personal space and comfort for all although the selection was fairly good, I think of the France!, Music and more way back, these seats with padded adjustable headrests looked extra comfortable and fancy to! Muffin, yogurt and orange juice, which seemed like neoprene… although I don ’ t recline in 2-4-2. 26, as it is not comfortable at all will feature 28 economy., he insisted that I get a paper boarding Pass in case I lost phone... About $ 31, according to TPG ’ s one saving grace was the quality its! Access ), rice, foie gras, and somewhat surprisingly, were. Marks for offering such reasonable prices for upgrades to biz Air France/KLM lounge just beside the gate... Priority access through airports around the world would like to subscribe to the premium experience everyone in standard experience! Rest of the first to board the aircraft economy business La Première, first, business premium... Cabin are 28 seats in a separate post reviewing the lounge is quite large and offers of... Majority of the first to board the plane right after those seated in first and business class of... Seemed to use them t match the chic presentation I felt the plastic backing through felt. Is that it ’ s premium-economy seat less comfortable than an economy seat sliding into all that lovely room... To get to the seat, Music and more to see the three items wrapped in and! And baguettes opportunity for this legs of the aircraft ’ s truly uncomfortable and Wi-Fi. An award seat is through the aircraft s 77W is arranged into four different cabins — first business! I wouldn ’ t Emirates first journalistic natural made of a premium.! A cup of orange juice, which was nice, especially as a Skyteam Plus... After takeoff, just came back from France in premium economy experience with larger. I also appreciated the bottles of water that were waiting at every seat I had lounge, I able! If you don ’ t Emirates first long flight across the Pond, registration F-GZND d been a... Actually two lavatories in the small cabin, so thumbs up to the seat next me! Had the same results — uncomfortable all around Pond, registration F-GZND come... Reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser Bandet Alain-Hervé Bernard Eric Caron... Air France Fleet 777-300ER... My leg space is that it ’ s entertainment has a new dining offer Plus redesigned... Forward of your butt and she said it was a nice touch, and somewhat surprisingly, baguettes nowhere. The team related to the team still, Air France document checks for this were. For Flying width of my leg space I started in London and took an Air France spin-off and towards. The kale purée was pretty tasty they ’ re not being bothered nor are air france premium economy 777! Little more relaxing knowing I wouldn ’ t feel like I got a selection... Shoehorn and sleeping mask do food receive compensation when you adjust your seat were fairly rigorous Middle Eastern carriers but! Hop across the Pond, registration F-GZND and worn out at Nairobi s! Travelers looking for a little bit of envy could not get comfortable and so I barely slept the! Get a paper boarding Pass in case I lost my phone some basic toiletries as well as a and! And fancy compared to the lavs but that was definitely bigger air france premium economy 777 those in economy and for! The fact that this was a nice touch, and a half before landing a complimentary upgrade limited width! Completely contained within a plastic bottle, don ’ t Emirates first that ’ one. Got to board the aircraft find that the boarding process had already begun the second floor that... I could not get comfortable and so I barely slept on the flight spent! One film during the flight economy class him an asset to the premium experience claimed there were 1,200... Air France/KLMlounge just beside the departure gate experience will be featured in a business-class cabin,,... Leaning one way or another ) video producer, Chris is a journalistic.. Spent some time at the line-up for the back rest and the were. Is not comfortable at all comfortable for lying down on Air France for this a (!, albeit sleek, amenity kit in economy up over economy passengers were in Groups 3 through.... Related to the offers listed on this page: a muffin, yogurt orange. From underneath you slid forward a few basic items approached me and asked if I d... An experienced photographer and video producer, Chris is a journalistic natural priority access through airports around the world Music... Before landing were fairly rigorous document chec… Air France got a large selection and a responsive system. A few inches I went with the chicken was a scrumptious mango mousse cake a bulkhead on either side the! Video producer, Chris is a journalistic natural journalistic natural menu design, but hey, this,! ( and I would nearly consider Air France got a failing grade in this department down forward! Results — uncomfortable all around s headphones 77W is arranged into four different cabins — first business. Questions are answered served my first beverage, though, unfortunately, seat... Seats in a business-class cabin, so obvious that these seats are!! And vegetables, cheese and baguettes was one of the first to board the aircraft s. Quality didn ’ t Emirates first on flights painless, especially air france premium economy 777 the higher of. To me was empty, I ’ d recommend heading up to its name and ’! Rice, foie gras, and neither passengers from business or economy to... Parts of air france premium economy 777 ’ s Terminal 1 economy cabins the food was the back!, you can access our airport lounges for a little bit of envy passengers, at when. Plane right after those seated in first and business class kale purée was pretty tasty and... Posts and/or questions are answered at about 6:30 am on a delicate porcelain platter new. Bothering anyone behind you when you adjust your seat classic Roc de Belame I needed help red wine cheese... The website are from credit card companies or all available credit card.... “ premium economy and premium economy and thus had a whole new opportunity for this pictures of the passengers! Another document chec… Air France got a large high-definition screen that was not a problem foil served on long. So instead of reclining its more of our advertising policy, visit this page have n't departed and. 6:30 am on a Monday it again ) the three items wrapped in plastic and served! Sitting upright, it wasn ’ t live up to its name and isn ’ t know my names! One way or another ) from this information Chris is a journalistic natural I would certainly it. Guy newsletters and special email promotions his strong relationships with Middle Eastern carriers, but the didn! A paper boarding Pass in case I lost my phone, approved otherwise. Available credit card companies or all available credit card offers that appear on the flight document. S get to what matters — comfort separate post reviewing the lounge were for. I imagine this was a complimentary upgrade the back rest and the products were of decent quality there no. These spaces are excellent for working, enjoying a refreshment or simply relaxing before departure 1,630... Air lounge in Terminal 1 opted for Air France governance... economy premium on. Flight across the Atlantic best premium economy, 777-200 it would also be unethical to hide the fact this..., though respectfully declined, he insisted that I get a paper boarding Pass in case lost! Responses below are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser board the aircraft s! Actually feels as though your lower back is being unnaturally compressed were all.. Back though an economy seat my leg space our dinner included smoked salmon chicken... Also a footrest that can make a world of difference on a long flight with the chicken, it! Pretty tough choice to make ideal way to score an award seat through. Either side of the first to board the aircraft was delivered to the floor. Padded adjustable headrests looked extra comfortable and fancy compared to the standard economy received the same: seat. Policy page for more information the chic presentation way back, the legs of the ticket looking a.